版主:黑木崖

· 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

版主,这个握手的问题,可能有误会:来自wiki:
送交者: 赤松子5 2012月08月03日16:25:11 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话
回  答: 欧文斯完全公平地取金牌,希特勒就是不握手,公开打脸。 hmy 于 2012-08-03 16:12:43

The long-jump victory is documented, along with many other 1936 events, in the 1938 film Olympia

by Leni Riefenstahl.

On the first day, Hitler shook hands only with the German victors and then left the stadium. Olympic committee officials insisted Hitler greet every medalist or none at all. Hitler opted for the latter and skipped all further medal presentations.[10][11] On reports that Hitler had deliberately avoided acknowledging his victories, and had refused to shake his hand, Owens said at the time:

"Hitler had a certain time to come to the stadium and a certain time to leave". "It happened he had to leave before the victory ceremony after the 100 meters. But before he left I was on my way to a broadcast and passed near his box. He waved at me and I waved back. I think it was 'bad taste' to criticize the man of the hour in another country".[12]

Away from the public eye, Hitler expressed his true feelings and disgust at Owens. Albert Speer, Hitler's architect and later war armaments minister, later recollected:

Each of the German victories, and there were a surprising number of these, made him happy, but he was highly annoyed by the series of triumphs by the marvelous colored American runner, Jesse Owens. People whose antecedents came from the jungle were primitive, Hitler said with a shrug; their physiques were stronger than those of civilized whites and hence should be excluded from future games.[13]

Jesse Owens on the podium after winning the long jump at the 1936 Summer Olympics. L-R, on podium, Naoto Tajima, Owens, Luz Long.

Owens was allowed to travel with and stay in the same hotels in Germany as whites, while at the time blacks in many parts of the United States had to stay in segregated hotels while traveling. After a New York City ticker-tape parade of Fifth Avenue in his honor, Owens had to ride the freight elevator at the Waldorf-Astoria to reach the reception honoring him.[4]

Owens said, "Hitler didn't snub me – it was FDR who snubbed me. The president didn't even send me a telegram."[14] On the other hand, Hitler sent Owens a commemorative inscribed cabinet photograph of himself.[15]Jesse Owens was never invited to the White House nor were honors bestowed upon him by President Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR) or his successor Harry S. Truman during their terms. In 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower honored Owens by naming him an "Ambassador of Sports."

0%(0)
0%(0)
    是这样。2战前英美德等国种族歧视非常厉害。。。  /无内容 - 赤松子5 08/03/12 (458)
      欧文斯回国后,照样得坐公共汽车后面,一样被歧视。  /无内容 - hmy 08/03/12 (436)
        有意思的是反种族主义的政治正确是如何在欧美取得主导地位的?  /无内容 - 赤松子5 08/03/12 (479)
          我是指在二战后何种力量能把政治正确推到主导地位的。  /无内容 - 赤松子5 08/03/12 (516)
            这是个逐渐的过程,也是个漫长的过程,但马丁路德金博士是关键 - 太阳黑子 08/03/12 (504)
            美国现任总统回顾欧文斯的遭遇,猜想会感慨。  /无内容 - hmy 08/03/12 (536)
              是啊。没有革命就换了人间。  /无内容 - 赤松子5 08/03/12 (465)
                1963年的声明,斗不过议会道路,奥是选举上去的。  /无内容 - hmy 08/03/12 (458)
                  收到。  /无内容 - 赤松子5 08/03/12 (493)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.