繁体中文  

版主:黑木崖
 · 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

欢迎来义乌:中国多元文化城市试验地
送交者:  2017年03月28日06:27:58 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话

与广州那些遭受歧视和敌意的非洲人社区不同,义乌的外国定居者享有非同寻常的尊敬和自由,市政府甚至向外国商人咨询城市商业问题。英国网友:中国的作法是正确的,如果你没有理由待在这个国家,那你就没必要来。
译文来源
原文地址:https://www.theguardian.com
正文翻译

每人一小段,翻译我也行!
每日新素材,等你来认领! 
http://www.ltaaa.com/translation.html

-------------译者:Q__Q-审核者:解老板------------

Unlike Guangzhou’s African community – who have faced prejudice and hostility – Yiwu’s foreign residents enjoy an ‘unusual freedom of worship’ with the municipal government even consulting international traders on city business

与广州那些遭受歧视和敌意的非洲人社区不同,义乌的外国定居者享有非同寻常的尊敬和自由,市政府甚至向外国商人咨询城市商业问题

After dark on Exotic Street in China’s eastern city of Yiwu three Yemeni boys crowd round a large charcoal barbecue rack selling lamb kebabs and baked breads. They order in confident Mandarin chatting rapidly between themselves in Arabic.

天黑后,在中国东部城市义乌的异国风情街上,三个也门男生围聚在木炭烧烤架旁,这里卖的是羊肉串和烤面包。他们自信满满的用普通话下单,互相聊天则用阿拉伯语

-------------译者:Q__Q-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------

Inside the adjoining Erbil restaurant two Jordanian men share a plate heaped with barbecued meat and vegetables while on the street corner two men sit smoking shisha pipes. The Zekeen supermarket sells both instant noodles and halal meat and an African woman wearing a hijab carries out bags of shopping. Opposite two young Russian women emerge from a shop that sells the unlikely combination of trainers and sex toys.

在附近的 Erbil 餐厅内,两名约旦人吃着一碟的烤肉和蔬菜,此时在街角有两人坐着抽着水烟。 Zekeen超市可以买到方便面和清真肉,一名非洲妇女头戴纱巾,拿着购物包。而在对面两个年轻的俄罗斯女性刚从商店出来,那里有卖运动器械和情趣用品。

This mix of communities religions and languages has augmented Yiwu’s reputation as one of China’s most multicultural cities; a risk-taking new frontier drawing fortune hunters from across the world. As Mark Jacobs puts it in his bookYiwu China: A Study of the World’s Largest Small Commodities Market“anything can be had for a dollar or a yuan”.

不同群体宗教语言的混合,使义乌作为中国最多元化城市的美名愈加响亮。吸引世界各地寻求财富的人们来这冒险。正如Mark Jacobs在其作品《中国义乌:一项关于世界最大小商品市场的研究》中所认为的“在义乌,一块钱能干任何事”

-------------译者:Q__Q-审核者:yangfff------------

The reason they come here is simple. Yiwu boasts a breathtaking emporium covering 5.5 million sq metres with more than 75000 shops and stalls. This is the supplier of stuff for discount stores the world over: fake flowers coloured beads hair ties inflatable toys tinsel party hats umbrellas – Yiwu is the source of more than 1.8m products including 70% of all of the world’s Christmas decorations.

他们来这的原因很简单。义乌拥有超大的商场,建筑面积达550万平方米,里面有超过75000家商铺和摊位。这里是全世界折扣店的供货点:假花、彩色珠子、发圈、充气玩具、华丽的派对帽以及雨伞——义乌是超过180万个单品的供货地,包括全球7成的圣诞装饰品。

“Today from anywhere in the world can’t survive without Yiwu products” says businessman Girdhar Jhanwar who in 2002 became the first Indian trader to set up in Yiwu before it had paved roads and skyscrapers. “Anyone can come and set up a business in Yiwu and get items to sell in countries all around the world. They don’t have to go anywhere else in China. Yiwu has become a one-stop shop.”

"今天来自世界各地的零售商一旦脱离义乌商品将无法生存"商人 Girdhar Jhanwar这样说道,他在2002年成为第一个来义乌做生意的印度商人,那时义乌还没有公路和摩天大厦。“任何人都能来义乌做生意, 买到的义乌商品能在全世界各国销售。他们不需要去中国其他地方,义乌已经是综合性销售中心了”

评论翻译
原创翻译:龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com 翻译:翻译加工厂 转载请注明出处
论坛地址:http://www.ltaaa.com/bbs/thread-436839-1-1.html

-------------译者:♂′乱′′芯′″-审核者:BXHin1995------------

OinkImSammy 13m ago
Like the idea of that train.

喜欢那个列车理念。

markfjcoyle 3h ago
sorry - Yiwu has just added a special area at the train station to check visa of 'foreigners' with scans and long queues. They are welcoming to the expat buyer but only if the quantity is high enough. Seemed to scare off a few 'expats/immigrants' from the train station...

不好意思-义乌火车站刚增加了一个专门的区域,用以检查排队的外国人的签证。他们只欢迎购买足够数量商品的海外买家。搞得一些“外国人/移民”都不敢去火车站了。

I saw no difference to other cities and I lived here 15years and hold a 'green card'. The city is a small industrial city with lots of factories - to suggest otherwise is misleading and poor reporting.

我没有看到和其他城市的差别,我已经在这待了15年了,并且持有“绿卡”。这座城市是一个小型的工业城市,有很多的小工厂-不建议有这样的误导性报道。

williewaggler 4h ago
My father was brought in as a foreign advisor to the CCP when mainland China began writing its modern financial codes in the 1990s. The photos he brought back showed empty squares no cars on the roads bicycles everywhere and the awe that a white man was treated with. That has all changed as has China's attitude to foreigners. Whites are treated with less reverance than they were especially by local females (although admittedly a fugly man can still find a very personable and good-looking woman here compared to who would have them at home). Blacks are generally viewed far more highly than before as their status has increased with the increasing interest of Chinese in (mainly American) sports basketball being the main draw. Yes there is still manifest racism but no more than in any other countries. I have never been attacked whilst in China because of my race I have been attacked in the UK though.

我爸爸曾作为中共的外国顾问到过中国,当时的中国大陆正值1990年代,才刚开始修订现代金融法规。他带回来的照片展现了一个空旷的广场,没汽车但到处是自行车,白人受到极大的尊敬。然而这一切都改变了,随之改变的是他们对外国人的态度。比起过去,白人在当地人中所受的尊敬减少了,特别是在当地女性中(但也得承认比起本国,在这外国屌丝仍然能找到一个迷人漂亮的女性)。对黑人的评价总体上比过去更好,由于中国人对运动(主要是美国的)的兴趣日益增加,其中篮球贡献最大,所以黑人的地位也在提升。当然,这里的种族主义也很明显,但不会比其他国家严重。我还从未在中国被攻击过,然而我在英国就因为我的种族遭到过攻击。

What has also changed is the way foreigners are treated in law. In my father's time in China he said there was always a presumption of guilt on a foreigner because the police took the view that if something happened whether a crime or civil matter if the foreigner had not been in China the incident would not have occurred. I do not believe that to now be the case. I have rarely had any issue with the police in either Hong Kong or Mainland China. In the interactions I have had with them they have always been helpful and supportive usually siding against locals who have wronged me (dishonest sellers car crashes getting into a fight because a random loon kicked my dog another because a different random loon tried to shove my wife down an escalator).

同时发生变化的也包括在法律上对待外国人的方式。在我爸人在中国的那段时间,他说这边对于外国人常常都是有罪推定的,因为警察坚信只要是发生违法犯罪事件,就是外国人导致的,要是他们不来就不会有这些麻烦事。我不相信现在还会这样。我在香港和中国大陆时很少给警察惹麻烦。但要是我有事找他们,他们也乐意帮我忙,站我一边怼那些招惹我的本地人(这些事情包括不诚实的卖家;交通事故;某个傻逼踢我的狗而导致的冲突;还有个傻逼企图把我妻子推下电梯)

China is still the Wild West but it is improving - as opposed to Westernising which seem to often be wrongly conflated by Westerners - and doing so at a fast rate.

中国依然是“狂野的西部”但是一直在快速的进步,而不是西方化,而西方人貌似经常将二者混淆

-------------译者:Q__Q-审核者:BXHin1995------------

WolfgangK 5h ago
Wow China is becoming more open to foreigners then the US!
(at least according to some comparisons)

哇,相比美国,中国对外国人越来越开放了
(至少根据某些比较来说)

iamagenuineperson 5h ago
great insights in this well written article. however if i'm not mistaken there is no mention of where yiwu is. china can be considered a continent and spans four time zones and climatic zones. parts of western china bear more resemblance to the middle east.
excellent series of articles but a map pinpointing the more obscure cities would be appreciated.

这篇文章很有见解。然而如果我没弄错的话,这篇文章没有提及义乌在中国的哪里。中国是一块大陆,跨越了四个时区和气候带。中国西部和中东更相似。
文章写的很好,但要是能放上地图标出这座城市的话,那就更好了。

-------------译者:♂′乱′′芯′″-审核者:BXHin1995------------

MouthOfSAURON 5h ago
Muslticulturism aww then no peace.

多元穆斯林化后无和平。

rofoste 6h ago
Unless this central government is handing out citizenship then this is not multiculturalism. It's just allowing some people who can be thrown out of the country at a moment's notice a few home luxuries. The central government does not and will never have a policy that puts cultures not native to China on a par with Han culture and the smattering of other cultures protected as indigenous minorities.

除非中央政府释放公民权,否则就不可能有多元文化。这只是让一些老外拥有一些权利罢了,而这些老外随时可以被遣送回国。中央政府现在没有以后也不会制定政策让异域文化同汉文化以及少数几个被当做本土少数民族文化保护起来的文化平起平坐。

williewaggler  rofoste 4h ago
You can have mainland citizenship if you want it but you need to give up your current nationality to obtain it. It is the same in Taiwan (unless you are a Taiwanese national born in Taiwan then you are allowed multiple nationalities). Hong Kong you can have both a permanent ID in conjunction with whatever other nationality you hold.

只要你想要,你就可以获得大陆公民身份。但你必须放弃你现在的国籍。在台湾也是如此(除非你是在台湾出生的台湾人,那你被允许拥有多重国籍)香港的话,不管你有否其他国籍,你都可以拥有永久身份证

As for Han versus other cultures seeing as the Han are by far the most populous of China's ethnic groups it makes sense that Han culture is most prent and concerned over. The UK's increasing deference to smaller and smaller groups of minorities seems at odds with an effective running of society because constantly having to satisfy everyone ossifies the system. The storm over tallow in the £5 notes is a clear example of this.

相比其他文化,汉族在中国各族中人口最多,显而易见,汉文化最为流行也最受关注。英国对于规模越来越小的少数族裔的顺从在强化,这似乎与一个有效运行的社会是不相容的,因为不断地满足每个人的需求使体制日益僵化无法运行。对于含有动物脂肪的5镑的怒骂就是个明显的例子。(译者注:去年年底英格兰银行推出的新版5镑因含有动物的脂肪,遭到了广大反杀生素食者的抵制)

China has a like it or lump it attitude - both locals and foreigners have to deal with it. That's how the country works why should it change because outsiders want it to?

中国的态度是管你喜不喜欢,所以不管是当地人还是外国人都得妥协。这才是一个国家应有的运作方式,难道要根据外人的喜好来做出改变吗?

NervousVinnieScarr 6h ago
China has it right. If you have no reason to be in the country then you're not admitted.

中国的作法是正确的,如果你没有理由待在这个国家,那你就没必要来

b_lunt_ma_n 6h ago
China is the most racist place I have ever lived.
Job applications state 'blacks need not apply'.
When I was in Chengdu I spent some time with the African community.
I remember housemates drawing lots to see who would shop that day because the experience was so unpleasant for them.

中国是我生活过的最种族歧视的国家
就业招聘上写着“黑人请勿申请”
当我在成都的时候,我和非洲人团体呆在一起
我还记得室友们抽签决定谁当天去买东西,因为对他们来说这经历相当糟糕。

MrWangincanada 7h ago
I don't think China is ready for multiculturalism.
Personally I feel rather comfortable around a Muslim or an African Canadian here in Canada but I would be nervous or uneasy with an foreigner in China unless the person is well dressed and looking like well educated.
The reason I personally feel is that there is clear legal system in Canada and the authorities are ready to enforce it. In China I don't think the police knows how to deal with an unruly foreigner especially if there is a significant number of them.
I think the Japanese and the Koreans probably have the same apprehension towards foreigners.

我不觉得中国准备好了接受多元文化主义
就我个人而言,在加拿大我身边有穆斯林或非裔加拿大人的话我会觉得很放心,但要在中国旁边有个外国人的话,我就会感到紧张不安。除非那个人看上去打扮得体又受过良好教育
我觉得究其原因在于加拿大有明确的法律体系,官方也会坚定执行。而在中国,我不认为警察懂得如何处理一个违规的外国人,特别是当他们人数众多时。
我认为日本和韩国在对待外国人的问题上可能也有这样的忧虑

andoru  MrWangincanada 6h ago
The Chinese police are generally incompetent and the legal system is generally unfair. As a foreigner I wouldn't feel I'd get a just hearing if I was in dispute with a local. The so-called "unequal treaties" live long in the national memory and the Chinese don't like siding with foreigners against their own countrymen and women unless it's entirely unavoidable. Excuses can always be found to either blame the foreigner or limit the Chinese person's culpability. e.g. You got hit by a careless driver but see on the CCTV we can see that you momentarily strayed off the crosswalk! You weren't paying attention. The driver has no case to answer!

中国警察总体上是碌碌无为的,法律制度也很不公平。作为一个外国人,我不认为当我和当地人闹矛盾时能得到公正的审讯。所谓的“不平等条约”深深的烙印在中国人的记忆中,中国人不喜欢站在外国人一边来反对自己的国人,除非到了不可避免的时候。在责怪外国人或者淡化中国人过失时,找借口总是随处可见,比如你被一个粗心的司机撞到了,通过摄像头我们发现是你突然走出了人行道。所以司机无须答辩!

justtellthetruth  andoru 6h ago
London just got a terrorist which shows how incompetent the England police are and how unfair the legal system is in Britain. No wonder!

伦敦刚刚发生了恐怖袭击,说明了英国警察是何等的无能,英国的法律制度又是多么的不公正,难怪啊!

b_lunt_ma_n  MrWangincanada 6h ago
'Apprehension towards foreigners'.
That was beautifully worded my good sir. But to hit the nail on the head I think we have to acknowledge that the Chinese Koreans and Japanese are in general racists.
The Japanese and Koreans even have words for referring to blood purity.

“对于外国人的忧虑”
哥们,这词用的真漂亮。但是一针见血的来说,我认为我们必须承认中国人、韩国人、日本人总体上就是种族主义的
日本人和韩国人甚至为了所谓的血统纯正争执不休

AberdeenSTE 8h ago
Could the Rockefellers not find a hack who knows the difference between between/among?

洛克菲勒家族就不能找个能区分“两者之间”和“多者之间”的黑客吗?

-------------译者:yangfff-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------

andoru 8h ago
Photo caption: "Middle Eastern and North African food stalls and restaurants line Exotic Street in Yiwu"

图片文字说明:“中东和北非的食品商店以及餐馆遍布义乌的异国风情街”

The photo in the restaurant appears to be a Uighur restaurant as the Chinese in the top-right corner says it's a famous brand with the character of the north-west meaning Xinjiang.

图中的餐厅应该是维吾尔族的餐厅,因为右上角的中文说它(这家餐馆)是知名品牌,而底下的字西北含义是新疆。

andoru  andoru 8h ago
*top-left sorry

抱歉是左上角

normbro 9h ago
Not been there for a long time but when I used to go back in early 2000's it used to be the done thing to share taxis back to the city from the market. I was in the front of a taxi once and the driver asked if he could pick up 2 foreigners on the side of the street. I said no problem at all (British generosity). Got speaking to the 2 guys - Hey - where are you guys from - Iraq - how about you? This was 2003 and the Irag war had just kicked off . . . . . uuhhmm . . . . . Canada.

没有在那边呆多久,但是我在二十一世纪初去的时候,那边有拼车从市场回城市的传统。我有次坐在车的副驾驶座,然后司机问我他能不能再捎上街边的两个老外。我回答没问题(英国式慷慨)。然后就和他们聊天 -嘿 -你们从哪来? -伊拉克 -那你呢? 当时是2003年,伊拉克战争才刚刚打响,。。。嗯。。。加拿大来的!

0%(0)
0%(0)
  多元利弊不好说。只移民而不归化,就是入侵  /无内容 - 也是明眼人 03/28/17 (115)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2016: 华府看天下-我所认识的蔡英文
2016: 雅砻江将建我国首个全流域“风光水互补
2015: 视频:亞投行擋不住的誘惑?德法義向陸投
2015: 英媒:中国用煤量降速超预期 可替代能源
2014: acarefreeman请进:聊聊怎样写篇令人信
2014: 两歼7护航,中韩双方交接人民志愿军遗骸
2013: 这是要打仗了? 总政治部紧急通知:军人
2013: 南海舰队联合编队巡视美济礁(图组)zt
2012: 南方周末:坚强守卫祖国每一寸领土的中