版主:bob

· 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

绝对是有心之过,人家根本没写过聘信,只是看过罢了
送交者: 透气 2011月02月20日19:28:47 于 [世界时事论坛] 发送悄悄话
回  答: 老母是留法的,年纪又大了 石砾 于 2011-02-20 19:04:53

母所出示的信

January 5, 2011
  Dear Dr. Qiwen Mu,
  As you know, you are relatively unique in the world in some of your clinical and research training and knowledge. You have worked with Dr. Elliot Stein, who is a world leader in brain imaging and addictions. We were able to recruit you to MUSC where you worked for many years with our groups and learned and developed new techniques with image data analysis and TMS. You are also clinically trained as a neuroradiologist and have passed the required board examinations for licensure.

Based on your unique skills and knowledge, I would like to offer you the following positions - Senior Investigator Faculty
(Professorship), Chief Scientist, Radiologist, and Mentor in Doctoral and Postdoctoral Programs at Brain Stimulation laboratory, Medical University of South Carolina. Your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to, interleaved TMS-fMRI, perfusion, diffusion, and spectroscopy. You will also be involved in clinical trials as well. The annual salary for this position would be USD 450K.

Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Mark S. George, MD
  Distinguished University Professor of Psychiatry, Radiology and Neuroscience

Director, Brain Stimulation Laboratory
  Founding Director, Center for Advanced Imaging Research (CAIR)
  MUSC Director, SC Brain Imaging Center of Excellence
  Editor-in-Chief, Brain Stimulation: Basic, Translational and Clinical Research in Neuromodulation

Dr. Mark S. George给方的e-mail

Subject: Re: Dr. Qiwen Mu
To: "xxxxx"
cc: "nao" , "Qiwen Mu"

Dear Doctors:

I am confused and am not clear what has happened.

Dr. Mu was indeed a scientist working in our lab at MUSC for many years. He left last year to return to China. He told me that he was offered a position to do research in China involving imaging and TMS. He suggested that we try and continue collaborations, which I encouraged.

While at MUSC he was a very good and hard working scientist with numerous publications. He is trained as a research scientist and as a neuroradiologist. After he announced that he was returning to China, we offered him a continued appointment at MUSC, non-paid, in order to continue analyzing data and potentially applying for grants.

In December Dr. Mu returned to Charleston and asked me to re-issue an offer letter. If Dr. Mu were available in the US we would indeed like to have him rejoin our faculty. I informed him that I would not be able to make a formal offer as I am not head of my department (psychiatry) and that it would take higher administrative approval and several months to get a fully binding letter. He asked that I sign the letter below which I read. He stated that he needed it signed and soon in order to apply for collaborative grants. I was confused. When I saw the salary level, I was surprised, as it is over twice my salary and I have been here 20 years. However, Dr. Mu is trained as a neuroradiologist, and their clinical salaries are higher than a psychiatrists. He found the salary number as the national average of neuroradiologists. It is not clear if he could serve as a clinical neuroradiologist without taking the US boards and completing a US fellowship.

I have no information about the number of houses or other issues you raise.

I am a bit astonished to be bothered by this exchange and I hope this email clarifies things.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark S. George, MD
Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Radiology and Neurosciences Medical University of South Carolina
Charleston, SC 29425
843 876 5142 (phone)
843 792 5702 (fax)

0%(0)
0%(0)
  我靠 - 石砾 02/20/11 (365)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.

一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2009: 这里的枪友看这张照片要心痛了(图)
2009: WOW