版主:bob

· 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

Totally wrong
送交者: usezguy 2011月01月12日15:04:49 于 [世界时事论坛] 发送悄悄话
回  答: 驳:道兄所谓"美国生活费用低"以偏盖全,错得太离谱 ningshui 于 2011-01-12 14:13:40

I live in US so I think I have the right to tell you a true America. I don't need the info from my friends and relatives. This is my story.

It true that the real estate price here is low, comparing to China. Howver,you have to compare apple to apple. it is meaningless to compare the price between Beijing/Shanghai to Dallas/North Carolina/Atlanta. You have to compare Beijing/Shanghai to New York and San Francisco. Majority people who work in Manhattan cannot afford the apartment in Manhattan. They live in Queens, Bronx, New Jersey, even Connectic. You can ask how much that will cost you.

It is true that the grocessary here cost less than what is in China (metro area). However, you don't have the fresh meat/poultry (by law). It will cost you MUCH more if you want buy out-of-ordinary groceassary. You can check the price in wholefood.

It is true that you can apply for the unemployee benefit once you lost the job. However, $1100 a month can barely pay for the food and gas. And you have to come up the money to pay for the shelter (house, apartment, etc...) The author said the house payment costs $2000 a month, I am wondering how can you pay for the house with that $1100 a month.

It is true that people who can frequently take vacation is among those in upper-middle class. However, it costs way more than 2 hour of work to pay for the living. The number simply does not add up. Most people have to work 35 to 40 hours to make a living.

On top of that, there are many other costs, such as insurance, kid's education and house/yard maintenance and improvement. I just replaced my house windows few month ago, it cost me $12000 (twelve thousand). How much does it cost to replace the grass in the small backyard? $2500. Simple re-do the back yard (re-seed small part of yard, build a small retaintion wall, small concrete platform for sitting) may cost you $25,000 (I go the quote). I cannot afford the servent taht many middle class people in China enjoy.

It doesn't cost a lot to take vacation in Thailand, HK and Korea from China, but it cost me a lot to go to South America.

Do you how much does it cost to traffic ticket here? The new price is over $500. Is it cheaper in China?

Think again, my friend.

0%(0)
0%(0)
  楼主说8美元一小时是牛腰最低工资,两口之家月入2500不奇怪  /无内容 - 大牙笑掉了 01/12/11 (481)
    usezguy是把下面的跟贴汪华斌文转到此,没有讲楼主.  /无内容 - staterock 01/12/11 (381)
      这你就门外,我太太不工作,我每天工作5时/时25元月入2千5  /无内容 - ningshui 01/12/11 (419)
        上年纪人开校车,日入125元,说得过去.  /无内容 - staterock 01/12/11 (370)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.

一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖