繁体中文  

版主:黑木崖
 · 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

arm创始人:欧洲开始躲避美国IP
送交者:  2019年06月06日05:17:48 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话
4 June, 2019 - 23:03                    By          Tony Quested                  

Cambridge VC hatches IP masterplan to trump Trump

Dr Hermann Hauser of Amadeus Capital Partners

Cambridge entrepreneur and VC investor Dr Hermann Hauser has urged non-American technology businesses to stand firm against bullying from the White House in the bitter trade war between the US and China.

Angered by Arm  (the company he co-founded) being forced to end its relationship with Chinese ICT giant Huawei, Dr Hauser says standing firm against US president Donald Trump is crucial to the future export success of non-American technology companies.

Dr Hauser, co-founder of Amadeus Capital Partners told me: “I consider this an extremely serious issue for Europe and any other non-American country as it is a question of sovereignty which we must not compromise on.

“At present we have no option given the legal situation. The solution is to design out American IP and stand on our own two feet unless we want to become vassals to the ESG (Extremely Stable Genius) as Trump describes himself.”

Dr Hauser believes that Arm and US companies like Google and Apple will suffer long-term if America continues its ban on Huawei technology. He said the ban would be “quite damaging” in the short term for Huawei but “incredibly damaging for Arm, Google and others – and the American technology industry” in the longer term.

Some of Arm’s product is US-centric – hence the company has had to obey the White House trade mandate. But Huwaei is already ramping up plans to design its own chips from a new R & D hothouse in Cambridge and has potential fab factories galore back home.

Dr Hauser believes that unless the US takes the heat out of the China trade war customers around the world will limit their exposure to products containing technology originating in the US – and that includes some Arm output.

He says: “Every single supplier in the world will start thinking of how to reduce the threat of their production being terminated by an American president. 

“All the discussions I have with companies in Europe at the moment are about them going through their intellectual property portfolio and designing American intellectual property out, which is terribly sad and destructive.

“Every company in the world must now be thinking: ‘Do I want to be in a position where the American president can shut me down?’ When I talk to people in the industry, they are being very careful about not buying American products.” 

Arm is staying out of the direct US-China firing line but Business Weekly understands the superchip architect is simply keeping its powder dry. 

“We are watching the situation very closely, engaging in dialogue with policymakers and hoping for a swift resolution,” an Arm spokesperson said.

0%(0)
0%(0)
  他就是怕中国从底子开始另起炉灶  /无内容 - sadsad 06/06/19 (383)
    他是大行家,他都怕。你丫狗P不懂,倒替美国壮胆,啥都不怕。  /无内容 - 涡轮之父 06/06/19 (125)
      你今天又翻了几个ID出来用啊  /无内容 - sadsad 06/06/19 (82)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2018: BREAKING NEWS: US FLIES 2 B-52 BOMBE
2018: 高鐵經濟學:馬來西亞為何腰斬「星馬高
2017: 步枪总共分为四类:非自动步枪、半自动
2017: 歼-20已采用‘峨眉’发动机的可能性是相
2016: 文一:中国成为发达工业化国家势不可挡
2016: 蔡英文登上台湾“航母杀手”
2015: 南海本内苏铁保护区 zt
2015: 澳大利亚总理重申:在南海领土争端中不
2014: 穷凶极恶啊,这就尾追上去一头撞沉了拉