版主:黑木崖
 · 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

看来犹太人很不愿意川普希拉里当选
送交者:  2016年05月28日10:29:48 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话

ChickenTrump: Twitter Pounds Candidate for Backing Down on Sanders Debate

© AFP 2016/ Robyn Beck
POLITICS
Get short URL

Despite best efforts by several interlocutors, presidential candidate Donald Trump has refused to honor his initial promise to debate Bernie Sanders.

On Friday, the Republican frontrunner officially refused to debate Bernie Sanders. He did this despite having his initial demand of $10 million tripled, thanks to CEOs from two companies.

The plan for the debate began on Wednesday evening, when Trump appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! TV show. During the interview, Kimmel read a note from the Sanders campaign inviting Trump him to a debatein California.

"That could happen, I've been saying that should happen anyway," Trump said. "If he paid a nice sum for charity, I would love to do that."

A day later, at a campaign rally in North Dakota he confirmed his intention.

"He's a dream," the real-estate-baron-turned-candidate said, referring to Sanders. "If we can raise for maybe women's health issues or something. If we can raise $10 or $15 million for charity, which would be a very appropriate amount."

That sum was quickly staked by investment company Traction and Scale. According to Richie Hecker, company chairman and CEO, "We believe that Mr. Sanders and Mr. Trump collectively represent the voice of theAmerican people. We are confident that convening the voice of the people in a nonpartisan forum will spark the revolution and make America great again." 

Hecker's sum was soon topped by boxing promoter Bob Arum's Top Rank Promotions, which offered twice as much for the opportunity to host a debate.

"It's the debate of the century between two of the top pound-for-pound politicians in the country," Arum said in the language of the boxing ring, noting that, "It would be the biggest pay-per-view of all time."

These major offers were supplemented by a number of smaller ones, including the Young Turks, who offered $1 million.

But, despite all the harangue, Trump changed his mind Friday, providing a somewhat weak-kneed excuse, to the disappointment of many.

"Based on the fact that the Democratic nominating process is totally rigged and Crooked Hillary Clinton and (Debbie) Wasserman-Schultz will not allow Bernie Sanders to win, and now that I am the presumptive Republican nominee, it seems inappropriate that I would debate the second-place finisher," reads a statement from the Trump camp.

Sanders responded to Trump's statement by remarking, "Well, I hope that he changes his mind again."

"Mr. Trump has been known to change his mind many times in a day," the Vermont Senator clarified.

Despite that Trump would rather have his retreat buried and forgotten, Twitter exploded with mocking posts featuring a #ChickenTrump hashtag and lots of caricatures of the bewigged former TV producer.

"Amusing how a man who claims he will take on ISIL is apparently afraid to take on septuagenarian senator from Vermont in a simple war of words," wrote WeAreChange.org.

Although it may not put Sanders in office, judges are calling Trump's submission a 1-bell knockout win for the Democratic candidate.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160528/1040396330/ChickenTrump-Twitter-Sanders-Debate.html#ixzz49vg4auTF
0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2015: 不要以为美军不会撞船,美国这回是真急
2015: 五角大楼要求停建南海岛礁
2014: 新华网发布《美国全球监听行动纪录》
2014: 汉和:美很高兴中国造歼20航母 将耗尽中
2013: 中国展示世界最大军用战机3D打印钛合金
2013: 中俄宽体机项目浮出水面 挑战波音787和
2012: 对于蒙古几次出人意料的举动:北京出奇
2012: 中国启动新一轮经济刺激计划 比4万亿还
2011: 正义的美国卖战略物资给邪恶的日本制造