繁体中文  

版主:黑木崖
 · 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

A Food for Mind - Iceland’s Breathtaking Beauty
送交者:  2015年07月28日08:10:48 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话

Iceland’s breathtaking beauty: From an eye-popping waterfall to a ‘petrified troll’ in the sea, spectacular pictures show off the country's most amazing scenery 

• Wim Denijs captured eye-popping scenes that show fog rolling over mountains and water sweeping over waterfalls
  • His favourite picture in this set was taken on the pains of the Vestrahorn – an imposing mountain
  • The 60-year-old photographer has visited Iceland seven times since the Eyjafjallajokull ash cloud crisis in 2010 

These astonishing snaps reveal the magic of Iceland's rugged and beautiful landscapes – and why the country remains high on many holidaymakers' bucket lists.

With exquisite detail, tourist Wim Denijs captured eye-popping scenes that show fog rolling over mountains, water sweeping over the Godafoss falls, and a calm day on the water surrounding the majestic Hvítserkur, a 50ft basalt rock on the Vatnsnes peninsula.

The 60-year-old photographer has been drawn to Iceland's unique landscapes ever since the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajokull.

Scroll down for video  

It's tourist attractions such as the spectacular Godafoss waterfall that lure nearly one million holidaymakers to Iceland every year

It's tourist attractions such as the spectacular Godafoss waterfall that lure nearly one million holidaymakers to Iceland every year

According to Icelandic legend, the majestic Hvítserkur, a 50ft basalt rock on the Vatnsnes peninsula, is a petrified troll

According to Icelandic legend, the majestic Hvítserkur, a 50ft basalt rock on the Vatnsnes peninsula, is a petrified troll

With exquisite detail, tourist Wim Denijs captured eye-popping scenes, including this one showing fog rolling over mountains

With exquisite detail, tourist Wim Denijs captured eye-popping scenes, including this one showing fog rolling over mountains

The volcanic eruption produced a massive ash cloud that shut down much of Europe's airspace, grounding more than 100,000 flights and ruining millions of holidays.

Wim, from Flanders, Belgium, said: 'I discovered Iceland in 2010 after the eruption of the Eyjafjallajokull and there I realised how small and fragile we are.

'I saw the melting of the glaciers, the power of nature and I became more and more a landscape-photographer.

'It's so beautiful when you're standing in the middle of a river and you see that everything's in harmony - the shapes of the mountains, the flood of the water and the colours of the sky.'

The 60-year-old photographer has been drawn to Iceland’s unique landscapes ever since the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajokull

The 60-year-old photographer has been drawn to Iceland's unique landscapes ever since the 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajokull

Iceland is home to some of the most stunning waterfalls in the world, with plenty to gaze at in every corner of the country

Iceland is home to some of the most stunning waterfalls in the world, with plenty to gaze at in every corner of the country

Located on the Skjalfandafljot river, Godafoss falls is a popular stop for many holidaymakers when they tour north-east Iceland

Located on the Skjalfandafljot river, Godafoss falls is a popular stop for many holidaymakers when they tour north-east Iceland

Wim has visited Iceland seven times since 2010, but is still discovering amazing sights.

His favourite picture in this set was taken on the pains of the Vestrahorn – an imposing mountain in the south-east of the country.

He said: 'I'm especially intrigued by culture, colour and lights, including a photographic study of landscape and people's lives.

The Vestrahorn mountain, in south-eastern Iceland, is nearly 1,500ft tall and believed to be around eight million years old

The Vestrahorn mountain, in south-eastern Iceland, is nearly 1,500ft tall and believed to be around eight million years old

Waves from the Atlantic Ocean crash ashore on a volcanic beach with the country's iconic black basalt sand

Waves from the Atlantic Ocean crash ashore on a volcanic beach with the country's iconic black basalt sand

Photographer Wim Denijs said he realised 'how small and fragile we are' after visiting Iceland for the first time in 2010

Photographer Wim Denijs said he realised 'how small and fragile we are' after visiting Iceland for the first time in 2010

The photographer, from Flanders, Belgium, has visited Iceland seven times since the Eyjafjallajokull volcano erupted five years ago

The photographer, from Flanders, Belgium, has visited Iceland seven times since the Eyjafjallajokull volcano erupted five years ago

'I could look at a line of laundry flapping in the wind, a pair of old, hard-working couple, a crowd of people on the street, and find it beautiful.

'Through photography I want to tell everyone that no matter what no-one is alone no one is forgotten in this world.

'We are all human being belonging to nature no matter what political decisions are made.'

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2014: [姜建强:你以为日本是什么样]——把日
2014: 客观上帮助推翻了清政府,结束了两百多
2013: 奥巴马:朝鲜战争双方并非平手 韩国是获
2013: 朝军高官在万人阅兵式上感谢中国“抗美
2012: 央视olympic网上转播,比较直接,没有下
2012: 孙杨赢了
2011: 北京全路通信信号研究院的信号灯,出了
2011: 哪位常在中美两地共用一个美国手机? 哪
2010: 印尼:美不可能坐视中国在南海影响力扩