繁体中文  

版主:黑木崖
 · 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

End of Central Bank Power - SNB Folds
送交者:  2015年01月16日05:52:06 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话

End of CB Power - SNB Folds

Bruce Krasting's picture

I wrote about the Swiss National Bank being forced to abandon its currency peg to the Euro on 12/3/14, 12/8/14 and 1/11/15. That said, I'm blown away that this has happened today.

Thomas Jordan, the head of the SNB has repeated said that the Franc peg would last forever, and that he would be willing to intervene in "Unlimited Amounts" in support of the peg. Jordan has folded on his promise like a cheap suit in the rain. When push came to shove, Jordan failed to deliver.

The Swiss economy will rapidly fall into recession as a result of the SNB move. The Swiss stock market has been blasted, the currency is now nearly 20% higher than it was a day before. Someone will have to fall on the sword, the arrows are pointing at Jordan.

The dust has not settled on this development as of this morning. I will stick my neck out and say that the failure to hold the minimum rate will result in a one time loss for the SNB of close to $100B. That's a huge amount of money. It comes to 20% of the Swiss GDP! If this type of loss were incurred by the US Fed it would result in a loss in excess of $2 Trillion!

In the coming days and weeks there will be more fallout from the SNB disaster. There will be reports of big losses and gains from today's events. But that is a side show to the real story. We have just witnesses the collapse of a promise by a major central bank.

The Fed, Bank of Japan, ECB, SNB and other Central Banks have repeatedly made the same promises over the past half decade:

Don't worry! We are here. We will do anything it takes to achieve the stability we desire. We are stronger than the markets. We can overwhelm all forces. We will never let go - just trust us!

I never believed in these promises, but the vast majority of those who are active in financial markets did. The entire world has signed onto the notion that Central Banks are all powerful. We now have evidence that they are not.

Anyone who continues to believes in the All Powerful CB after today is a fool. Those who believed in Jordan's promises now have red ink on their hands - lots of it!

The next central bank that will come into the market's cross hairs is the ECB. Mario Draghi has made promises that he would "Do anything - in any amount". Like I said, you would be a fool to continue to believe in that promise as of this morning.

We've just taken a huge leap into chaos. The linchpin of the capital markets has been the trust in the CBs. The market's anchors have now been tossed overboard.

broken_promises_by_herrfous1

Your rating: None Average: 4.4 (45 votes)
0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2014: 请教,老婆的二手刻罗拉坏掉。本着不买
2014: 美国陆军和国家近卫军为裁员打口水战
2013: 难得转帖,数据说话
2013: 有没有看过电影prometheus? 里面用一个
2012: 中国研制出使用核燃料电池的人员手执轻
2012: 习近平:以“只争朝夕”精神推进中美关
2011: 我国载人空间站工程研究项目正式启动(图
2011: 印度“光辉”(Tejas)战斗机终获初步作战
2010: 谁来解释一下为什么国内要封网,我不能