版主:黑木崖

· 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

你不太读书看报。这是华邮 9月16号的报道
送交者: 生人 2014月10月03日02:22:16 于 [世界军事论坛] 发送悄悄话
回  答: 这次ebola病毒事件中唯一往非洲派出医疗队的国家是中国和古巴。人权大国哪里去了? shanghai1228 于 2014-10-03 02:00:53

The U.S. military’s new enemy: Ebola. Operation United Assistance is now underway.

September 30  

On Sept. 16, nearly six months into the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history, President Obama formally announced that the U.S. military would lead the fight against the virus in West Africa.

"The reality is, this epidemic is going to get worse before it gets better," Obama said at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, 177 days after the World Health Organization first declared the outbreak. "But right now the world still has an opportunity to save countless lives."

The administration may spend up to $1 billion fighting Ebola, White House officials said. At the heart of the plan: The U.S. military is sending as many as 3,000 service members to West Africa -- including medical personnel, engineers, administrators and transportation personnel.

Among the first to arrive: U.S. Africa Command's Maj. Gen. Darryl A. Williams, who was already in Liberia on the day Obama spoke at the CDC. He will lead what the Department of Defense has dubbed Operation United Assistance.

On Monday, in Liberia's capital city of Monrovia, Williams told reportersthat the U.S. operation "is about urgency and speed," Reuters reported. "I have 175 soldiers and I have another 30 that are in other countries that are beginning to set up the logistics hub to fly forces in here," Williams said.

Among the first orders of business for U.S. troops in Liberia: building a 25-bed hospital for infected health workers. From the Wall Street Journal:

On Saturday, a handful of troops from the Navy's 133rd Mobile Construction Battalion led a bulldozer through thigh-high grass outside Liberia's main airport, bottles of hand sanitizer dangling from their belt loops.

They had been digging a parking lot in the East African nation of Djibouti this month when they received a call to build the first of a dozen or more tent hospitals the U.S intends to construct in this region. The soldiers started by giving the land a downward slope for water runoff — "to keep out any unwanted reptiles," said Petty Officer Second Class Justin Holsinger.

Maj. Gen. Williams said Monday that the U.S. military is planning to build and supply 17 treatment units across the Ebola-ravaged country, according to Reuters. But, he added, the war on Ebola will be led by Liberia.

"The (Armed Forces of Liberia) has a great capability," Williams said. "They are already out there ... and helping us, because they have this knowledge of the local area. So we are not doing anything by ourselves."

But according to Voice of America, "local residents had mixed feelings about the military involvement as the first uniformed soldiers arrived here at the end of September."

"Well, seeing them is like sometimes happiness, sometimes not. I don’t know," Acostel Tmba, a local resident, told Voice of America. "I don’t know their real mission here.

"I overheard that they’re here for them to fight the Ebola virus in this nation. So seeing them, sometime we’re pleased for us to see the U.S. Army in this country for them to help to fight the Ebola virus."

0%(0)
0%(0)
      比解放军医疗队更早的早在那儿了。过程是这样的: - 尚同 10/03/14 (978)
        多看了看,你们是对的,我错了,没仔细了解情况  /无内容 - 生人 10/03/14 (578)
          顶老兄的风度和雅量。这坛子的风气就是胡搅蛮缠也不认错。  /无内容 - 漂流 10/03/14 (464)
          You are rare species. Hope - logic. 10/03/14 (536)
          赞一个!这坛子里有你这雅量的很少 - 夜猫 10/03/14 (535)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.