繁体中文  

版主:bob
 · 九阳全新免清洗型豆浆机 全美最低

一个海二代对“挺梁示威”思维差异 zt
送交者:  2016年02月25日08:21:26 于 [世界时事论坛] 发送悄悄话

“挺梁示威”凸显华裔一代与二代移民的思维差异

2016-02-24                                                侨报综合                                                美国在线

在2.20全美各地声援华裔警官梁彼得的行动中,可以看到很多示威的海报上写着:“今天我们沉默,明天我们的孩子就要继续做替罪羊。”

但是,我们的发声,我们的下一代真的知道、真的理解吗?如果我们的努力,在子女看来不屑甚至反对,我们又该怎么办?

2.20这一天,这些年幼的孩子们,跟随着自己的父母、祖父母等长辈参加了游行,他们也许尚不知晓自己参加了可以载入史册的在美华人最大规模的维权示威活动。

等这些年幼的孩子们再长大一些,会不会对父母的做法产生质疑?

我们今天所做的这一切,在我们的孩子们看来,是什么样子的呢?

近日,赫芬顿邮报的博客上登出的一篇华裔女孩写的文章,或许可以帮助我们一窥端倪。在梁彼得这件事情上,华裔第一代移民和第二代之间,是有代沟的。这个代沟不仅仅是年龄和处事经历,更有身份认同上的差异。

《赫芬顿邮报》博客全文翻译

我是一个骄傲的美籍华人,但对于那些在上周末参加支持华裔警察梁彼得的示威集会的华人们,我感到有些失望。事实上,我的父 母和他们的许多朋友都前往参加了集会。此前非裔在举行”非裔的命也是命“(Black Lives Matter protests)的抗议游行时,包括我父母和他们的朋友都选择沉默,或是躲得远远的。但当事件涉及华人时,他们选择了给与关注,并且站出来。

令美国华人感到不公的是,梁警官被裁决有罪,但许多杀死手无寸铁的非裔的白人警察却一点儿事都没有。这些白人警察包括将加纳锁喉致死的潘塔利奥(Daniel Pantaleo),在弗格森打死非裔青年的警察威尔逊(Darren Wilson),这些人都被判无罪。在梁彼得的案件中,”剧情“似乎更加曲折:梁彼得并没有看见非裔青年格利出现在他面前,但是他却”意外“地开了枪,子弹打中墙壁后反弹,再击中格利。 我和我的父母一样,对那些明确针对非裔的白人警察最终脱罪感到愤怒。我认为有关部门在对待梁彼得和对待潘塔利奥的方式上,有明显的区别,尤其是当潘塔利奥还是一个经验丰富的老警察,也意味着,他在处理类似事件上,更应该知道怎么做。

梁警官所处的“体制”是腐败,但这一切无法改变格利死亡的事实 。在这个体制中,警察被要求前往政府楼进行巡逻,只是为了寻找可能存在的“可疑行为”,而梁也就在在政府楼巡逻时击中了格利。事发时,梁子在没有及时威胁的情况下将手指放在扳机上也是事实,而当他发现格利被击中后,没有离开提供医疗援助,这也是事实。我希望梁彼得被定罪成为一个先例,今后我们必须将其他杀人的警察定罪。这不是第一次有非裔被警察在政府楼巡逻任务中被杀掉,如果我们不改变现状的话,这也不会是最后一例。 我所说的现状就是,每28个小时,全美就有一个手无寸铁的非裔被警察或是类似齐默曼(George Zimmerman)的人杀掉。梁彼得杀死了一个父亲、一个儿子、一个兄弟,他应该为此负责。

我要求我的爸爸将格利相信成他的儿子,而他在试图进入公寓时,就毫无理由地被枪杀了。我爸爸立刻回应称:“那想想如果梁彼得是你的儿子。” 这种将梁彼得想象成自己的儿子,而不是格利的思维模式,在许多东亚移民中其实广泛存在。他们感到愤怒,是因为来自他们族裔的人遭遇到了不公平的待遇。而当非裔、南亚裔或是西裔遭遇到不公时,他们却看不到,即使当一个人的命才等于另一个人15年的牢狱之灾的时候。

我想许多亚裔美国人在关注梁彼得案件时,都是在关注他的个人,而不是整个破损的体制。这个体制是由许多像梁一样的人组成的,无论是意外还是有意,他们都认为在没有遭到切实威胁时,也有必要拔出自己的枪。在这个体制中,非裔甚至会因非暴力的毒品事件被判终身监禁,但是夺走无辜性命的警察,却能逍遥法外,或是被判极短的刑期。

许多亚裔美国人都不认为警察暴力和他们有关,但在历史上,白人至上主义就像是旋转门,他们在不同时期将不同的种族看做是“不安全”的,评判的标准就是谁对他们有利。白人永远可以找到理由,将某个族群贴上罪犯、间谍、恐怖分子等标签,亚裔美国人当然也不会幸免。当我们被列为“歧视对象”时,我也希望其他种族能团结起来,就像亚裔现在必须要团结起来一样。

我的父母将梁彼得看做是非裔维权时期的牺牲品,他们将他称为“替罪羊”,特别是在梁彼得的案件就发生在小贩加纳被锁喉致死案件后的4个月。我在看梁彼得事件时,我看到了改变的可能性——希望在维权人士对改变的坚持下,之后类似的案件可以公平的, 独立的得到审理。梁的定罪,就是走向公平的一步。

在这起悲剧的事件中,唯一让我感到欣慰的是,我终于和我的父母敞开心扉交谈了一回,我希望我的美籍华人朋友也能利用这一次的机会,和他们的家人聊一聊。我是一个骄傲的美籍华人,我认为在这次维权过程中,我们必须打破沉默,让外界注意到美国华裔在社会中的位置。

英文原文:

I'm Chinese American and I Think This Weekend's Peter Liang Protests Were a Problem, and an Opportunity
I'm a proud Chinese American, but today I am disappointed by those in my community who rallied this weekend in support of Peter Liang, the NYPD officer who killed Akai Gurley and was recently convicted of second-degree manslaughter. My parents and many of their friends attended these rallies or have spoken up in support of Liang. They have stayed silent and very far away from any Black Lives Matter protests, but they find the time to pay attention and show up when it is a member of their community.

Chinese Americans are arguing that it is unjust that Liang got convicted while the many white cops who have killed unarmed Black people before him walked free. White cops such as Daniel Pantaleo, who killed Eric Garner with a chokehold, and Darren Wilson, who shot Michael Brown, are regularly acquitted of these killings. In the case of Peter Liang, there are more ambiguities. At least as the official account goes, he did not see Akai Gurley before his gun accidentally discharged and his bullet ricocheted off a wall and fatally struck Gurley. I share my parents' outrage that white cops who much more clearly targeted unarmed Black folks have somehow gotten non-indictments. I think there are clear disparities between the way Liang was treated versus the way Pantaleo was treated, particularly as Pantaleo was a veteran cop who should have known better.

But that doesn't change the fact that Akai Gurley died needlessly because of a rotten system that Liang was part of. This is a system in which police routinely conduct unwarranted public housing patrols just to look for suspicious activity, which is what Liang was doing when he shot Gurley. The facts are that Liang had his gun on the trigger when there was no imminent threat -- he was there proactively, not in response to an event -- and when he did find out that Gurley was shot, he did not immediately provide medical care. I hope that Liang's conviction is a precedent, and that we will continue to convict, instead of letting cops who kill off the hook. This is not the first time that a cop has killed a Black person during a public housing patrol and it will likely not be the last time, if we maintain the status quo. The status quo is that an unarmed Black person is killed by cops and George Zimmerman types every 28 hours in this country. Peter Liang killed someone -- a father, son a brother -- and he should be held accountable.

I asked my dad to imagine that Akai Gurley were his son, killed for nothing more than trying to enter an apartment. He immediately responded, without stopping to actually consider my question, "but imagine if Peter Liang were your son." That he was willing to consider Liang but not Gurley as his son is indicative of a broader trend I see among many (East) Asian Americans. They are angry when they see injustice against people who look like them, but not when they see injustice against Black, Latinx, and Muslim/ South Asian communities. Other people of color are dehumanized to them. Even when the injustice is stacked a human life versus a possible 15 years in prison.

I think many Asian Americans are focusing on Peter Liang as an individual instead of as part of a system that's broken. The system is made of people like Liang who, accidentally or not, feel the need to have their guns out in the absence of provocation. It's also a system in which Black folks can face life sentences for nonviolent drug crimes, while cops walk free (or serve much shorter sentences) for taking innocent lives. Where is the outrage over that discrepancy?

Many Asian Americans fail to see this systematic violence as related to them, when in fact history has taught us that white supremacy is a revolving door that deems different groups of marginalized folks as "unsafe" based on what benefits white people at the time. White people will always find new reasons to profile people of color as criminals, spies, terrorists, and so forth, and Asian Americans are not immune. When the tide of favorability turns against us, I would hope that other people of color would stand in solidarity -- just as Asian American folks need to stand in solidarity now. The flawed logic of protesting one type of racism while implicitly condoning another, far more violent type of racism is bewildering to me. I saw people in the Liang rallies this weekend holding signs that quoted Martin Luther King Jr. and bore sentences like "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." That they failed to see the irony in this escapes me.

My parents see Peter Liang as a victim of the mounting pressures of Black Lives Matter. They are calling him a "scapegoat," particularly as Akai Gurley's death happened just four months after Eric Garner's death. When I look at this situation, I see a potential for change -- change that happens case by case through activists fighting for change, through the criminal justice system, and through precedents. Liang's conviction is a step towards justice.

In the midst of tragedy, one small thing I am glad about is that this has opened up a dialogue between my parents and me -- a dialogue they are usually immediately resistant towards having. I hope that my Chinese American friends will also use this opportunity as a way to start conversations with family members. I'm a proud Chinese American, and I think it's our responsibility to challenge our silence and call attention to our role in this fight.

为人父母的一代移民,在思考如何与孩子沟通,如何引导孩子从法律、伦理道德、种族关系上理解自己看待梁彼得事件态度的同时,或许也有必要,思考自己与孩子们,这些尽管有着一副“中国”脸,但是土生土长的美国娃们在思考模式上的差异。

作为第一代华裔新移民,难免对美国社会的了解也有不全面之处,不妨和我们的孩子一起去学习其他族裔的文化,去关注其他族裔在美国的生存现状,拓宽自己的世界观,而不是带着我们五千年文化和成人的傲慢、优越感,封闭在自己的思维方式里。或许这样,这可以让我们更容易理解子女的想法。

同时,如果我们更多地带孩子感受中国文化,了解华人在美国生存的历史和现状,理解华人的视角,是不是也可以帮助他们成为真正的华裔美国人、在社会上找到自己的定位呢?

我们站出来了,作为华人群体发出声音,进行思考,大胆质疑,也为华人父母和子女之间的代沟打开了一扇沟通的门。

那位华裔女孩在博客的结尾时写到,在梁彼得和格雷的悲剧中,有一件小事让她高兴,这是第一次,父母愿意和她沟通,谈一谈社会话题。或许,这样的沟通可以延续下去。这样,当我们站出来的时候,可以确定,我们的下一代也和我们在一起。

0%(0)
0%(0)
标 题 (必选项):
内 容 (选填项):
实用资讯
北美最大最全的折扣机票网站
美国名厂保健品一级代理,花旗参,维他命,鱼油,卵磷脂,30天退货保证.买百免邮.
一周点击热帖 更多>>
一周回复热帖
历史上的今天:回复热帖
2015: 高铁——中国一道“亮丽”的风景线
2015: 春晚——一个低智民族的盛宴 z
2014: 惊人一幕:乌克兰防暴警察齐刷刷跪下道歉
2014: 薄熙来一判,小红不见了,方便面要倒,
2013: 军坛所有被封ID列表
2013: 虽然十分不赞成隔壁黑板的霸道,但也不
2012: 真相与动机
2012: 重庆籍男子在东莞打工 称昏迷4天后左肾
2011: 请问:这里有站务论坛吗?